ABB Jobs in South Africa : Market Manager PGGA (Power Grids – Grid Automation)
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: ABB
- Location: Lethabong, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in South Africa
As the Market Manager, you will be part of the Power Grids and Division Function Front End Sales Business Units (BU) based in Modderfontein. ABB is World’s No.1 in Power Products Business and the product manufactured becomes the key components to transmit and distribute electricity. The division incorporates ABB’s manufacturing network for Transformers, Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Cables and associated equipment. It also offers all the services needed to ensure products’ performance and extend their lifespan.TasksAs the Market Manager you will be responsible to develop profitable and sustainable demand side sales for the BU in the country and lead the BU domestic sales team (e.g. BU domestic sales specialists).You will also be responsible to implement the BU strategy and Power Up initiatives in conjunction with the LSM and the BU S&M Manager and represent the interests of the BU in the country, support the local FE sales team in S&M activities for the BU.
Your tasks as a Market Manager will include the following:
- Sales and marketing: Responsible for the BU demand sales volume and portfolio mix. Lead the implementation of Global Business Unit strategies and initiatives at a country level to ensure appropriate sales and marketing efforts within the country. Ensure the Global Business Unit portfolio is appropriately represented in the local market. Maintain cost controls for assigned Global Business Unit within the local market.
- Market Coverage: Manage and is responsible for the demand market for Global Business Unit including third party sales, internal sales, and channels. Manage and is responsible for the Business Unit demand-side budget of the Country.
- Planning: Develop business strategies and sales and marketing plans in partnership with local Marketing and Sales teams. Participates in the budgeting process, including preparing the Order Commitment Sheet (OCS), representing the Global Business Unit in the local market.
- Product marketing: Coordinate product Lifecycle marketing and ensures effective execution in the local market. Coordinate and support the factory sales and marketing activities in the country.
- Market analysis: Create, align and implement a marketing plan for the country in coordination with the FE S&M, HBU and BU. Oversee the market intelligence process ensuring detailed market analyses of market drivers and trends, key competition, and emerging technologies. Produce monthly and ad-hoc reports to monitor market and progress.
- Resources: Ensure local sales teams are provided with necessary training and receive appropriate accreditation. Work together with HBU or Territory Sales & Marketing, Product Marketing, Global Marketing and Marketing Communication for planning and implementation of marketing activities.
- Customer relations: In line with the sales team strategy manages and develops appropriate relationships with customers and key accounts. Serve as escalation point for questions and issues, and collects customer feedback and input.
- Bid and proposal: Ensure proposals are developed and approved to enable negotiations. Oversee quotations to promote optimal outcome. Ensure all status updates and documentation are accurately tracked in appropriate systems. Take local responsibility for the Business Unit mix and maintains the accuracy of data for project pipeline and orders received forecast and competitive feedback.
- After sales: Organize and promote after sales service activities. Ensure appropriate order handling of products or systems or services. Ensure contracts are appropriately managed with adherence to payment terms.
- People leadership and development: Lead the BU domestic sales team. Ensures (with HR Manager Support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coach, motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Drive and ensure know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.RequirementsExperience:
- The candidate must have a proven track record of at least ten years in the sales of system solutions, meeting sales targets and increasing value for the company. It is preferred that the candidate has a Software or Substation Automation Systems design, application and implementation background. Demonstration of competence in selling a solution to meet a customer requirement is required.
- The minimum requirement is a business science (BBus, MBA) or technical qualification (BSc in Engineering or B. Tech) in addition to a sales qualification.
Additional informationShould you be interested in applying for this vacancy please apply on the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers
For any additional information please refer to https://new.abb.com/careers