AECOM Jobs in South Africa : Practice Area Lead – Oil and Gas Pipelines and Facilities
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: AECOM
- Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- State: KwaZulu-Natal Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in South Africa
Business Line Oil + Gas
Position Title Practice Area Lead – Oil and Gas Pipelines and Facilities
South Africa – KwaZulu-Natal
Working for and reporting to the B+P Africa Business Line Director, you will be a business & technically focused leader of a team of engineers, technologists and other technical resources that will aim to profitably deliver high quality projects within your practice line. As well as being seen as a key AECOM leader with client profile you will also need to demonstrate strong Leadership to engage, motivate and get the best from the your team.
Above all, you will promote and maintain an operational environment in which the practice area can function to maximum effect, supporting the team to focus on project delivery and client satisfaction. You will provide practice area leadership and direction to your team to meet its targets and build a culture that embraces technical excellence, peer challenges, sound risk management, achievement of great outcomes and excellence in project delivery.
A key focus will be to assist your team to operate in a highly collaborative environment delivering best in class design services within your practice line. You will be a vocal advocate of design excellence and quality. As a Practice Area Lead, you will be responsible for establishing a safety culture within the practice area and you will lead by example in this regard. This is a rounded role, encompassing clients, people and excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership on project level.
- Conduct Project Scheme designs and review of Detail Designs.
- Conduct Design and Drawing reviews to ensure accurate implementation of the scheme design into Detail Design and from Detail Design to Drawings.
- Ensure the implementation of the AECOM PDS on Project Level.
- Ensure that you, as the Lead APIC Project Manager for your discipline, as well as other assigned APIC Project Managers, carry out all related Project Management Duties as an AECOM APIC project manager set out in the MAP guidelines. This includes but is not limited to:
- Project Execution,
- Project Deadlines,
- Client Communication,
- Team Utilization,
- EAC Updating (To be executed by the PMA),
- Billings (To be executed by the PMA),
- Collections (To be executed by the PMA),
- Following the “Project Management Calendar”. Responsible for facilitating, promoting and carrying out internal interaction (Where so required for a project):
- Coordination with other Practice line Leads,
- Coordination with other Practice lines & End Markets.
Tenders, Bids & Proposals:
Depending on the size and complexity of the opportunity, lead, prepare and / or give input with respect to:
- Kick off meeting,
- Team Establishment of the bid team,
- Liaising and integration with the Work Winning team,
- Obtaining Go-No-go approval,
- Ensure capturing of the opportunity on Sales force, including Fee split between End Markets,
- Developing of a bid and project execution Plan,
- Technical Write-up’s and Methodologies,
- Man Plan & Pricing using the AECOM Bid Model (ABM).
- Approval of your Teams timesheets of team leaders prior to the cut-off time while ensuring that time is being booked accurately in terms of duration and to the right projects.
- Responsible for Leave Approval of your direct reports.
- Input into staff performance and development on a continuous basis as well as to Monitor & Motivate your team with respect to Moral.
- Performance and Rewards:
- Assisting with the setting of Goals,
- Track progress of Goals,
- Assist with the scoring of your team members.
Diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure that everyone receives equal treatment in all aspects of employment policies and working practices. Foster an open working environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employ a workforce that reflects the diverse communities in which we operate. Raise employee awareness by designing and delivering sustainable diversity initiatives. Act as an employer of choice and influence our industry peers and business partners to adopt similar diversity standards and goals.
Specific skills required:
The Practice Line Lead must be able to demonstrate a recognised capability of:
- Experienced and solid network in the built environment
- Recognized in the industry as an accomplished engineer who would bring added credibility at critical stages of the project lifecycle
- Ability to develop key and trusted client relationships that can lead to new business quickly.
- Demonstrated skills and track record in marketing and business development.
- Expert communicator; solid verbal, written and interpersonal skills to engage your team.
- Effective negotiation and dispute resolution skills, analytical and decision-making.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills, both internally and externally.
- Ability to advice on complex matters to non-specialists.
- Ability to interpret diagrammatic representations of workflow.
- Ability to interact with users, ability to communicate, comprehend, interpret, articulate, and define technical solutions as well as the ability to accurately document technical design information.
- Ability to set goals and objectives and measure progress towards their achievement.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (engineering, construction, finance, business, cost consulting, etc.) is essential. Post graduate business qualification is preferred.
- Professionally accredited with relevant professional body.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country South Africa
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 185062BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.