Amazon Jobs in South Africa : Front-End Engineer
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Amazon
- Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- State: Western Cape Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in South Africa
The EC2 UX Team develops the EC2 website (or Console as we call it) designed to provide a simple way to provision instances, networks and application services in the Cloud over the Internet.
Our Console allows you to use what you need when you need it. Choose from multiple instance types, operating systems, and software packages. Configure the memory, CPU and storage optimal for your operating system, application and business need. Interact with instances in the Cloud as if it were your own onsite bare metal machine while retaining full control.
With the EC2 Console (https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/home), IT resources are only ever a click away. You can stop your instance while retaining your data, copy it to another region and then restart it again. Attach network interfaces, create snapshots, and control security all from a web browser. If this sounds exciting to you, and you have solid web development skills, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate should be motivated to create the perfect user experience for millions of users and strive for continuous improvement. Creating the perfect user experience on the web requires a blend of technical knowledge, customer obsession and agility. Our web systems need to be extremely responsive and highly scalable. If working in a dynamic and delivery focused environment interests you, this may be right for you.
You will need to demonstrate knowledge in the following disciplines:
- You understand the trade-offs between usability, performance, internationalization and localization, cross-browser compatibility, obfuscation and optimisation, and cutting edge user interface implementation
- You have a working knowledge of UI design principles and are able to apply style guides to new interface use cases.
- You work in collaboration with UI designers on website interface and interactivity
- You understand how web applications work, perform and scale. You are comfortable with troubleshooting and problem analysis
- You recognize and adopt best practices in web development engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- You have a working knowledge of the latest UI technologies, frameworks and concepts including HTML 5, REST, jQuery, AJAX, CSS3, SOA, Responsive design
- In an MVC software model, your work is primarily focused on the view of the application, and occasionally the controller.
- You can define APIs and integrate them into usable interfaces
- Working knowledge of relational databases and back-end programming (C++, Java, Python)
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- You develop pragmatic solutions. You build flexible/scalable systems without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones. Where existing solutions are known, you use them.
- You understand fundamental data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when not to use them.
- You anticipate and prevent future problems from occurring
- Design and implement features that enable screen readers to interpret what is displayed on the screen for a visually impaired user
- You recognize and utilize user interface design patterns to solve business problems with highly accessible and usable web applications.
- You build an understanding of what users do and why they do it to ensure the solution meets their needs and is fit for purpose.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
- At least a degree or diploma in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and appreciation of web standards
- Between 2 and 5 years of practical experience building production web applications
We are looking for an experienced front-end software development engineer who is passionate about building great products in the context of a diverse, multi-functional and independent team.
A successful candidate:
- is focused on the customer
- cares about achieving stretch goals
- delivers high-quality, innovative applications
- has strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
- wants to build; has a sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- has good verbal and written communication.