Amazon Jobs in South Africa : Sr Product Manager Event Mgmt
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Amazon
- Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- State: Western Cape Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in South Africa
Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired companies in the US, #1 most innovative, and #1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud. You will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and on a mission to be the World Class Standard for Customer Experience.
The AWS Kumo team delivers technologies and experiences focused on driving customer success as part of the AWS Support organization. Our team owns customer facing applications like Trusted Advisor, Personal Health Dashboard, and Support Center. We also own internal tooling for troubleshooting customer issues, communication with customers, and services to deliver this technology. We are a highly innovative global organization revolutionizing the way customers engage and seek help from AWS. Our global customers include very large Enterprises, Public Sector organizations, and fast growing businesses and internet companies. Support provides a strategic advantage for customers adopting AWS and drives direct revenue to the business.
Who We Need
The AWS Kumo Product Management team is looking for a smart, customer-focused, and creative leader with a strong background in product innovation to define, develop and deliver the product strategy for our Event Management team and own our Personal Health Dashboard. The Personal Health Dashboard keeps customers informed of the health of their AWS resources. In AWS we look for strong owners to lead the definition and delivery of their product space. We have a large team of personable and tenured product managers to partner with.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Create the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for internal and external customers
- Align the efforts of multiple teams across Support to deliver an integrated experience for customers
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
- Define features, create project plans, and write user stories
- Partner with software development and design teams to deliver on product roadmap
- Develop campaigns to create awareness and increase service adoption for the target market segments
- Establish goals and review metrics to identify opportunities and measure success
- Research and identify new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Computer Science, or related field and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) preferred and/or strong, relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in a technical leadership role within e-commerce, online advertising or other related domains.
- Strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Experience in setting product definitions and roadmaps
- Experience working cross functionally with development, design, and marketing teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Ability to analyze data, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Strong understanding of the cloud industry
- Experience creating services offerings for Enterprise level customers
- Experience creating B2B service offerings that cater to a wide audience
- Experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services
- Excellent judgment