Atlas Copco Jobs in South Africa : Foreman – Bathopele Mine Mining and Rock Excavation Technique Rustenburg
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Atlas Copco
- Location: North West, South Africa
- State: Northern Cape Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in South Africa
Atlas Copco is a world-leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions. The Group serves customers with innovative compressors, vacuum solutions and air treatment systems, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems. Atlas Copco develops products and service focused on productivity, energy efficiency, safety and ergonomics. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 180 countries. In 2015, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK 102 (BEUR 11) and more than 43 000 employees. Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com
- To ensure that the shift maintenance is conducted within the required parameters for Legal requirements, Safety and Environment requirements, Maintenance and Production Performance requirements, Quality requirements and Financial limits.
- To adhere to environment, health and safety programmes and requirements
- To do first line staff management
- To supervise maintenance and breakdown teams
- To plan and schedule tasks and activities
- To oversee tasks and activities
- To ensure maintenance standards are adhered to
- Manage the relationship between Atlas Copco and the client to the benefit of both companies.
- Ensure that Atlas Copco comply with the signed agreement between Atlas Copco and the clients.
- Enforce Atlas Copco policies and guidelines as described in “The Way we do Things”.
- Maintain high quality of service delivered by Atlas Copco under all circumstances.
- Ensure that all employees in area of responsibility maintain a high ethical standard.
- Coach and train staff.
- Maintain good morale under all employees.
- Efficiently manage the Atlas Copco labour’s variable compensation.
- Compile monthly report to Atlas Copco and the client.
- Responsible for workshop vehicles, plant, tools and machinery.
- To drive for process improvement
- To control stock and non-stock supplies
- To ensure continuous improvement takes place
- To Manage training of your team
- To report at required intervals about team performance and other agreed parameters
- Cleanliness of the workshop and storage area / Good housekeeping. Accept full responsibility and accountability for all work designated to him within his area of responsibility.
- Report any contraventions of standards, Legal requirements or procedures as well as health and safety hazards to his immediate supervisor after he has done all that are reasonably possible to rectify the situation.
- Ensure that all subordinates and contractors working in his area of responsibility are appointed and that all subordinates and contractor personnel are competent to carry out their duties and all machinery and equipment used by the contractors conform to the mine standards and procedures.
- The proper record keeping of all work done in logbooks provided for all machinery and equipment in his area.
- Keep record and report breakdowns, call-outs, spares usage etc. for all equipment in his area of responsibility and for the interest of continual condition monitoring purposes. Assist the Maintenance planner in compiling reports and feedback to the maintenance planning system.
- All hazards must be identified in his section and remedial measures drawn up and implemented to eliminate accidents incident. (All accidents incidents in his section must be reported to his immediate supervisor without delay.)
- He must adhere to all relevant Policies and Procedures, Engineers Instructions, Engineer’s Work Practices, Codes of Practices and Engineering Standards pertaining to his area of responsibility.
- Hold safety meetings with all his sub-ordinates daily and also after an accident incident in his section.
- Schedule leaves for all his sub-ordinates.
- Plan weekend work for subordinates and parade the correct people for a specific job.
- Diligently execute all projects given to him.
- The respective personnel must be conversant with electricity in his area of responsibility.
- He must complete the times sheets correctly and submit them to the time administration when required.
- He will be responsible for the recognized on-the-job safety of subordinates reporting to him.
- Ensure that PPE is worn during all tasks. Manage damages reporting and invoicing on machines
- Supervisory skills (POLC)
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills (formal training)
- Team leadership skills and teamwork control
- Relevant experience in maintaining a trackless mining fleet
- Good product knowledge
- Good understanding of the Production process
- Project planning and execution
- Be presentable to clients in grooming and dress code
- Valid driver’s licence
- Computer literate in MS Word and MS Excel
- Report writing skills
Grade 12, NTC 3 or N3 technical with trade qualification
- Accountability (Main performance evaluation factors for job)
- Safety and Environment
- Client Service
- Quality of Work
- Analysis and Decision Making
- Technical Accuracy
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Cost Control
- Damage Reporting and Investigation
- Spares Control
- Tool Control
- Logistics Control (spares for underground and to surface) Written Reporting