Cargill Jobs in South Africa : Build Project Manager
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Cargill
- Location: Mokopane, Limpopo, South Africa
- State: Limpopo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in South Africa
Build Project Manager
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Position Purpose & Summary:
The “Rooibos” Build Manager is responsible for all project management activities for the “Rooibos” Build project, including Construction project planning, execution, project controls and business results. The Build Manager is responsible for leading the strategic development, deployment and delivery of all Build Project Management objectives requiring Functional Engineering / Technology Domain Area expertise application and oversight.
The role will be part of the ‘Rooibos” leadership team and will be closely connected with the CIS South Africa Country Manager, CIS global ops lead, CIS Global Engineering Lead and business partners like Eskom, Nedan Oil (supplier of oil / owner of site).
50% Project Leadership
- Provides strategic vision to the project team utilizing industry leading knowledge of Build project management practices, strategies and procedures, and must possess superior technical acumen and a strong business acumen.
- Leads periodic project reviews utilizing industry leading knowledge of the project delivery process for the ‘Rooibos’ build project (inclusive of reviews recognized by the construction industry).Identifies, recommends and implements project management best practices based on industry leading knowledge of project management.
- Identifies, recommends and implements capital effectiveness best practices (e.g. front end loading, team alignment, target setting, project controls, rate of change, value improving practices, leading technology, constructability, planning for startup) based on industry leading knowledge of Build project management.
- Provides mentorship, coaching and development for team members and functional leads as appropriate.
- Champions and reinforces Cargill’s behavioral based safety process and zero fatalities throughout every phase of ‘Rooibos’.
- Ensures the project is planned and executed in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Works with and manages engineering firms across a large number of engineering disciplines.
- Building up “operational team” (including but not limited to Logistics, M&R, Operations, QC) and leading hand-over to operational team after successful commissioning of the project.
20% Project Planning
- Defines technical project objectives utilizing industry leading knowledge of project management practices and procedures.
- Leads development of the project scope based on industry leading knowledge of Build project management practices, strategies and procedures and capital effectiveness best practices.
- Prepares the plan for how the project is executed, monitored and controlled and works with the CIS South Africa Country Manager to develop the Integrated Project Plan for the project.
- Partners with cross-functional leaders to leverage resources, knowledge and strategies that increase value captured throughout the Build project.
10% Project Execution
- Leads the execution of FR3 Build project in Mokopane, South Africa with very limited local guidance (medium complexity project, high complexity business environment).
- Utilizes the project management framework to achieve technical project objectives of delivered safely, on time, on budget and operability
10% Project Control
- Regularly measures and monitors project progress to identify variances from the plan and make needed corrections for the project.
- Contains and resolves technical issues within the Build project that do not require Project Sponsor or Project Manager attention
10% Business Results
- Accountable for providing the Project Sponsor and stakeholders like CIS South Africa Country Manager with a routine status of the Build project, actively communicating technical issues and threats, and ensuring that leadership alignment is a priority.
- Works with business to ensure project is successfully implemented and technical benefits and value are captured for project ‘Rooibos’.
- Ensures the Build project meets the operability requirements laid out in the project objectives by the business.
- Accountable for achieving strategic and tactical metrics from internal and external benchmarking; indices may include Safety Fatalities, Operability Index, Cost Index, Schedule Index, etc.
- Ensures successful completion and closure of all technical aspects of the Build project.
- Business fluency in English
- Up to 15% travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree (engineering) required or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of proven experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, for example production management, process engineering, capital project deployment
- 3 years of proven experience with medium – large capital build projects.
- Experience creating and executing plans to drive organizational results.
- Experience utilizing formal and informal networks within an organization to deliver results and remove obstacles for team members
- Demonstrated ability to directly and indirectly influence a large, diverse group of stakeholders at different levels within the organization
- Demonstrated experience with effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple levels of an organization
- Proven ability to use expertise, experience, and network to manage through ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to manage employee performance, deliverables, and timelines
- This role requires strong competencies in the areas of leadership, communication, teamwork, interpersonal effectiveness, initiative and process discipline.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships
- Advanced education/degree specifically in business, operations, engineering or other related field.
- 3 years of proven experience as build manager with medium to large capital build projects.
- Strong business experience and understanding of Cargill
- Working knowledge of reliability practices.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Job Process Optimization/Project Management
Primary Location South Africa-Limpopo-Mokopane
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: MOK00001