CHEP Jobs in South Africa : Employee Relations Specialist
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: CHEP
- Location: Northern Cape, South Africa
- State: Northern Cape Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in South Africa
Employee Relations Specialist
Job ID #:7617Location:ZAWestvilleDawncliffe
Position Type:Regular Full-TimeEducation Required:Associates Degree
Experience Required:3 – 5 YearsRelocation Provided:No Relocation Offered
CHEP helps move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Its pallets, crates and containers form the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, CHEP created one of the world’s most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. CHEP primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. CHEP employs approximately 11,000 people and owns approximately 300 million pallets, crates and containers through a network of more than 750 service centres, supporting more than 500,000 customer touch-points for global brands such as Procter & Gamble, Sysco, Kellogg’s and Nestlé. CHEP is part of the Brambles Group and operates in more than 55 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For more information on CHEP, visitwww.chep.com. For information on the Brambles Group, visitwww.brambles.com
As one of four Brambles growth companies, CHEP and Brambles provide you unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career. You’ll be joining an international growth organisation with a pioneering, circular business model. You’ll be working for a company that is changing the way goods get to market. You’ll become part of an efficient and collaborative global team making a real contribution to a smarter, more sustainable future. For more on how Brambles growth companies can accelerate your career, visithttps://careers.brambles.com/
The Employee Relations Specialist provides support to employees, supervisors and managers by providing advice and guidance on issues concerning employment policy, procedure or practice.
- Day-to-day employee relations advice to business unit managers and people managers/team leaders in coordination with related company policies.
- Advising management and staff on correct interpretation and application of labour legislation and any amendments
- Ensure compliance and consistency in the execution and administration of Employee Relations cases initiated in the ServiceNow case management tool .
- Responsible for assisting and creating monthly employee relations reports relative to case activity.
- Responsible for all required correspondence while their case is being investigated and upon completion.
- Conducts internal workplace investigations and recommends resolutions to employee problems, issues and concerns.
- Ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state and local employment law,
- Mediates employee problems and provides structure for informal negotiations.
- Partners with managers to evaluate the merits and consequences of corrective action to ensure a highly competent workforce.
- Liaise and supports the legal team in compiling documentation for employment relations claims.
- Knowledge of and ensuring legal compliance to all BBBEE and EE legislation
- Keeping a clear record of all administration pertaining to labour relations
- Participates in the creation and rollout of ER policy & program initiatives.
- Performs additional duties and projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Relations industrial labour relations, and/or equivalent work experience.
- HR Certification
- Experience with Case Management software
- Ability to speak and write multiple languages.
- Experience in CCMA representation preferable
2 – 3 years’ experience in a Labour Relations role
- Strong Microsoft Office software skills
Demonstrated experience interacting with employees at all levels and providing excellent customer service
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and follow through skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle and manage multiple assignments and projects while effectively balancing schedules and ad hoc requests
- Understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices
We’re excited you’re here to learn how we’ll leverage our family of growth companies to accelerate your career. Brambles companies employ more than 14,500 people in over 60 countries, committed to connecting people to life’s essentials, every day. Our people are shaping a smarter, more sustainable future by changing the way business makes, moves and sells goods in every corner of the world. We look forward to helping you become one of them.HTTPS://careers.brambles.com/