CHEP Jobs in South Africa : Wholesale Business Manager
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: CHEP
- Location: Alberton, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in South Africa
Wholesale Business Manager
Job ID #:8401Location:ZAGautengJet Park
Position Type:Regular Full-TimeEducation Required:Bachelors Degree
Experience Required:Not IndicatedRelocation Provided:No Relocation Offered
CHEP helps move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Its pallets, crates and containers form the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, CHEP created one of the world’s most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. CHEP primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. CHEP employs approximately 11,000 people and owns approximately 300 million pallets, crates and containers through a network of more than 750 service centres, supporting more than 500,000 customer touch-points for global brands such as Procter & Gamble, Sysco, Kellogg’s and Nestlé. CHEP is part of the Brambles Group and operates in more than 55 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For more information on CHEP, visitwww.chep.com. For information on the Brambles Group, visitwww.brambles.com
As one of four Brambles growth companies, CHEP and Brambles provide you unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career. You’ll be joining an international growth organisation with a pioneering, circular business model. You’ll be working for a company that is changing the way goods get to market. You’ll become part of an efficient and collaborative global team making a real contribution to a smarter, more sustainable future. For more on how Brambles growth companies can accelerate your career, visithttps://careers.brambles.com/
The retail and wholesale industry in South Africa has grown. Focus within both sectors is operating efficiencies and operating in an omni-channel environment means that innovation is key for cost savings and differentiation.
CHEP has always focused predominately on the Retail sector, and less so on the Wholesale environment, however, CHEP’s existing customers have told us, through the NPS survey, that the one area that needs CHEP’s intervention in the management of platforms, particularly CHEP pallets, to the Wholesale sector.
The lack of control and management of these platforms has led to substantial losses for these Customers, adding cost and inefficiencies to their business. Their request is for CHEP to assist with a solution for this Industry.
CHEP is steadily building presence in this market segment, through the implementation and set up of the Wholesale solution. The Agreement is between Suppliers (CHEP customer) and wholesalers, and a shift from the Exchange Model to the Transfer Hire model. The CHEP Independent trade transfer hire solution assists both the customer and the wholesaler mitigate against pallet losses, pallet damages and pallet mismanagement, which in turn relates to improved supply chain cost. The major benefit for CHEP through this business process is to take advantage of the visibility of the asset in the wholesale trade which through the exchange model, contributes to the increase of the Blackpool.” This initiative is integral to aid CHEP in improving asset quality, and in addition aid in shifting this market segment, which is predominantly operating on the Exchange model to now embrace the Transfer Hire model.
The Wholesale Business Manager will be pivotal in ensuring that the relations between Wholesaler, CHEP’s FMCG team (the customer) and the Asset management teams are all operating in the prescribed manner and assisting the various key players to ensure that the prerequisites of the CHEP Wholesale model stays intact at all times.
- Responsible for the overall management of service levels and service delivery in accordance with the customer contracts and Agreements for CHEP’s Wholesale solution and including:
- Manage the current, active sites, in conjunction with the Asset Management teams
- Agreeing and Managing the scope of services provided at wholesale stores.
- Presentation of wholesale accounts KPI’s in conjunction with Asset Management
- Account maintenance: ensuring the pallet volumes and relations between, wholesaler, customers, through FMCG engagement and Asset management support, remain intact at all times.
- For new locations, the Business Manager would work with the Wholesale Manager at the start of the location sign up.
- Responsible for the implementation and management of the required processes and procedures to track and manage service levels at the wholesale stores.
- Must be actively involved with the customer sign up process by working alongside FMCG to increase THAA and reduce Exchanges, at stores.
- Responsible for the management of positive customer relationships with CHEP’s Wholesale customers.
- Responsible for the development of existing Wholesale accounts to ensure the sustained delivery budgeted revenue and profitability generation from CHEP’s Wholesale customers.
- Report on irregular or possible illegal activity on exchange accounts and downstream wholesale activity.
- Develop and maintain Analysis around each store, pallet volumes and provide feedback.
- Present details around the Wholesale activity for active stores and assist with developing and setting up new stores.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- A degree from any functional discipline is essential, preference would be a business degree
- 5 to 6 years work experience
- 3 to 4 years in a customer service or account management role.
- Ability to manage the demands of the wholesale environment.
- Wholesale business knowledge.
- Sales skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong process / work systems skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strong relationship builder
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Data analysis skills
- Persons who have commercial acumen, focused leadership, achievement drive, initiative and who are persuasive, persistent and goal orientated will be most effective in this position.
We’re excited you’re here to learn how we’ll leverage our family of growth companies to accelerate your career. Brambles companies employ more than 14,500 people in over 60 countries, committed to connecting people to life’s essentials, every day. Our people are shaping a smarter, more sustainable future by changing the way business makes, moves and sells goods in every corner of the world. We look forward to helping you become one of them.HTTPS://careers.brambles.com/