Chevron Corporation Jobs in South Africa : Chemist
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Chevron Corporation
- Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- State: KwaZulu-Natal Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in South Africa
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
We operate 100,000 barrels per day refinery in Milnerton, Cape Town, that produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, paving asphalt and other products. Chevron South Africa also has interests in a lubricant oil manufacturing plant in Durban and maintains a laboratory and blending plant there.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Chemist located in Durban , South Africa through , 19 January 2018 .
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to :
- Improve and develop current systems for the solution of difficult problems independently. Oversee daily staff allocation. Handle internal and external work-related customer complaints and concerns
- Maintain integrity of laboratory results pertaining to or all quality control issues related to incoming raw materials, manufactured and procured products and in-service oil samples
- Support Laboratory Technician on technical troubleshooting and hands on with respect to testing and validated quality issues
- Conduct plant walk about and verification of aspect regarding quality during operations on plant
- Supporting production with a scope of annual incoming test sample of approximately 1500 sample per annum
- Ensuring lab team release production batches and line sample timeously
- Manage key performance indicators in laboratory and blending and communicating data to Lab Team Lead
- Manage quality control charts and formulation systems (i.e. GPIMS) (specification) update
- Attend to requests for product formulation development and analysis for bill of material optimization. Responsible for In-service oil analysis and diagnosing condition of oil. Manage laboratory proficiency with external requirements such as standardisation programmed
- Meet, maintain, oversee and develop quality assurance requirements according to the relevant local and international standards, supporting the plant’s ISO 9001 and 14000 certifications and Chevron product stewardship objectives
- Manage laboratory productivity. Provide mentoring, coaching, training and assessment as per the required standards in order to develop the skills, knowledge and abilities of co-workers in the laboratory and other field staff to meet the required level of competence. Develop and design training materials and assessment tools
- Manage multiple concurrent projects of multi-faceted scope independently as and when required. Oversee the management of equipment, chemicals and consumables stock levels.
- Perform and conduct significant trouble-shooting, lead incident investigations in the laboratory and problem-solving using expert knowledge and skills and ensuring the corrective action is taken where necessary
- Analyse statistical process control data using control samples and take any necessary corrective measures as required to maintain product integrity
- Develop new methods, revise and improve on established methods, commission new instruments, equipment and techniques. Oversee complex non-routine testing processes by providing direction and supervision on the relevant techniques
- Ensure compliance with the company’s health environment and safety principles with regard to safe work practices, hazardous chemical waste disposal by maintaining the laboratory health and safety program and compliance to ISO 14000
- BSC Degree or BTEC Degree in Chemistry
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills to stands in for Lab Team Lead and to attend daily morning meetings of operations and feeds back to lab staff
- Excellent understanding of good laboratory practices and has exposure and experience in an operational environment preferability
- Additional qualifications in quality will be advantageous
- Candidate must show relevant experience in ISO 17025 involvement
- Span across various subject areas including compliance, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 compliance, quality control and quality assurance
- Candidate must show high level of accuracy and detail, in terms of data analysis
- Strong knowledge of oil analysis
- Strong understanding of Microsoft excel and word
- Understanding of proficiency testing and measuring of laboratory performance
- Strong spoken and written communication Skills
Relocation may be considered within Chevron South Africa parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.