Cisco Jobs in South Africa : Pre-Sales Systems Engineer – Service Provider Accounts
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Cisco
- Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in South Africa
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer – Service Provider Accounts
- Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Area of Interest Engineer – Pre Sales and Product Management
- Job Type Professional
- Technology Interest Service Provider
- Job Id 1251857
What You’ll Do
This role is to work with Service Provider Accounts in South Africa. You will need to be a highly skilled, customer-focused technical sales professional who provides technical support and mentorship to customers and collaborates with the Account Managers to develop appropriate customer solution offerings on large and complex opportunities. You will have an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can craft your specialization for specific opportunities.
Who You’ll Work With
The Systems Engineer will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions, setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers, designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
In addition to his/her technological aptitude, and the ability to learn and stay up to date, your interpersonal and presentation skills evoke passion and confidence.
You will be charge of the following activities:
- Develop consultative approach for a direct touch sales model
- Provide technical and sales support to customers
- Perform technical presentations and develop strong interlock within Cisco functions
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Support and address critical projects as well as critical situation and escalations, as needed
- Actively participate as a specialist on assigned virtual team and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
Who You Are
The Systems Engineer has the following skills:
- collaboration is a must as roles implies to work efficiently with many parties: Sales, customers, Cisco Business Units.
- Ability to articulate a value-add proposition of a solution in front of both technical and non-technical audience
- Demonstrated sales and consultative skills.
- Good balance between hands-on capabilities and theoretical technical knowledge.
- In-depth knowledge in several areas of specialization amongst:\
Service Provider Experience and Exposure
Core/Edge Routing & Switching
Knowledge in Datacenter, SDN and virtualization technologies would be much valued
Relevant Cisco Certification will be required – CCIE, CCDP, CCNP, CCNA or equivalent skills are required.
- typically BSc/MSc studies from university in IT, programming, Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years Pre-Sales or technical customer facing experience would be ideal.
- ability to learn by doing and put thoughts into actions
- as multi-tasker you show an open, organized and structured way of working in a time-managed manner with a permanent follow-up of activities.
- Share our values, notably: Teamwork, Dedication to Customer Success, Innovation & Learning, Lifecycle Approach, Accountability, Openness, and Ownership.
- Your enthusiastic social skills allow you to easily integrate in an existing team; you like to take initiatives and are autonomous minded.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening, negotiation and presentation
At Cisco, each person brings their excellent talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.