Clinton Health Access Initiative Jobs in South Africa : Program Manager, Sexual, Reproductive Health and Congenital Syphilis Programs
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in South Africa
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI approaches some of the most pressing issues in global health with a business-oriented strategy to fundamentally change the underlying economics. CHAI’s solution-oriented approach focuses on improving market dynamics for medicines and diagnostics; lowering prices for diagnosis and treatment; accelerating access to lifesaving technologies; and helping governments build the capacity required for high-quality care and treatment programs. By addressing global market failures and accelerating access to the most effective, high-quality health products at affordable and sustainable prices, CHAI helps patients access the care and treatment they need.
Over the last few decades, South Africa’s Department of Health (DoH) has made significant progress in increasing access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Maternal and Neonatal Health services in South Africa. However, gaps still exist. Maternal and child mortality continues to be a significant contributor to overall mortality rates and wide variations persist in quality and access to comprehensive, integrated healthcare services, especially for women and adolescents. To address these challenges, CHAI South Africa’s (CHAI SA) team is supporting the DoH at national and provincial levels to implement a broad range of activities, across demand generation, supply chain strengthening, service delivery expansion, quality improvement and strengthened program monitoring and evaluation, across both public and private sector channels, aimed at significantly increasing uptake of quality health services for women and adolescents. This is done through the provision of technical assistance to support the development and deployment of strategic and operational plans, resource optimization in the short and long term and galvanizing key stakeholder coordination.
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding technical and managerial capabilities to play a key role in either the Sexual and Reproductive Health and/or Congenital Syphilis programs in South Africa. The Program Manager will shape strategy, manage and provide technical input to a large and growing CHAI team. CHAI works in a fast-paced and results-driven environment. This individual would manage a growing team, at national and provincial levels, and shape CHAI’s engagement. Thus, they should have exceptional communication and analytical skills, be a strong strategic thinker and be able to adapt to differing program needs. CHAI places great value on commitment to excellence, resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, flexibility, independence, energy, work ethic and humility.
The Manager will be based in Pretoria, South Africa and report to CHAI South Africa’s leadership team.
- Support NDoH in all areas ranging from either sexual reproductive health and/or congenital syphilis; with respect to planning and implementation, ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with the DoH strategic goals and priorities;
- Oversee the translation of objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to a team and DoH on prioritization of initiatives;
- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoH, suppliers, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders’ efforts and across other CHAI programs in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the program;
- Oversee analyses of policy and regulatory landscape to make recommendations and support any revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth introduction of new products and/or services;
- Oversee quantification and costing, implementation and monitoring of detailed national commodity and equipment procurement optimization, introduction and scale up plans;
- Oversee and conducting routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of national and program data;
- Oversee development and maintenance of program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring;
- Oversee the development and input provided to relevant technical documents including health services provider training curricula, standard operating procedures and service delivery guidelines
- to support the programme scale up
- Prepare donor reports and other external program reports as needed;
- Provide regular reports on program and work progress to CHAI Leadership team and liaise with global teams within CHAI;
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Advanced degree in a related field such as health economics, public health, financial management, business preferred;
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience in demanding, results-oriented environments in the public sector and/or private sector (e.g., management consulting, financial services);
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills, including attention to detail and experience in modeling using Microsoft Excel;
- Strong communication skills, including delivery of compelling presentations and documents in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word;
- Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrated ability to work independently on complex projects and solve challenging problems, in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment;
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively around long-term program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals;
- Ability to organize and coordinate meetings and workshops, meet deadlines, generate data-driven reports and work in a fast-paced environment with maximum efficiency and impact;
- Strong budgeting and financial expenditure analysis skills;
- Willingness to travel within South Africa as needed.
- Proven track record of effective project management and ability to generate results;
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb and synthesize a broad range of information;
- Ability to navigate ambiguous and complex processes and be flexible;
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment;
- Experience in capacity building and in policy design and implementation, in collaboration with the government and stakeholders, is highly desirable;
- Strong command of the English language.
External Company URL: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org/