Clinton Health Access Initiative Jobs in South Africa : Provincial Coordinator, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Maternal Neonatal Health Programs
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in South Africa
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI approaches some of the most pressing issues in global health with a business-oriented strategy to fundamentally change the underlying economics. CHAI’s solution-oriented approach focuses on improving market dynamics for medicines and diagnostics; lowering prices for diagnosis and treatment; accelerating access to lifesaving technologies; and helping governments build the capacity required for high-quality care and treatment programs. By addressing global market failures and accelerating access to the most effective, high-quality health products at affordable and sustainable prices, CHAI helps patients access the care and treatment they need.
Over the last few decades, South Africa’s Department of Health (DoH) has made significant progress in increasing access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Maternal and Neonatal Health services in South Africa. However, gaps still exist. Maternal and child mortality continues to be a significant contributor to overall mortality rates and wide variations persist in quality and access to comprehensive, integrated healthcare services, especially for women and adolescents. To address these challenges, CHAI South Africa’s (CHAI SA) team is supporting the DoH at national and provincial levels to implement a broad range of activities, across demand generation, supply chain strengthening, service delivery expansion, quality improvement and strengthened program monitoring and evaluation, across both public and private sector channels, aimed at significantly increasing uptake of quality health services for women and adolescents. This is done through the provision of technical assistance to support the development and deployment of strategic and operational plans, resource optimization in the short and long term and galvanizing key stakeholder coordination.
CHAI is seeking a highly entrepreneurial, energetic, results-oriented and self-motivated individual to play a key role in the either the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Maternal Neonatal Health programs in South Africa. The Provincial Associate will input to a large and growing CHAI team and will be expected to develop and manage strong relationships with the Provincial Department of Health and relevant country partners to support program implementation initiatives. The role will require the Associate to help design, monitor and drive implementation of evidence-based strategies that could include driving the uptake of sexual and reproductive health services and improving quality of maternal or neonatal services. The Provincial Associate will provide dedicated day-to-day operational support to ensure plans are executed effectively and result in impact. CHAI is hiring for the Provincial Associates for each of the following South African provinces: Limpopo, Gauteng, Eastern Cape, Mpumalanga and Kwa-Zulu Natal. Please indicate on your application, which province(s) are of interest.
The Associate will be based in the focal province of Limpopo, Gauteng, Eastern Cape, Mpumalanga or Kwa-Zulu Natal and report to the relevant Program Manager.
- Support DoH in all aspects of strategy and planning and implementation, ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with the DoH strategic goals and priorities;
- Translate objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to CHAI team and DoH on prioritization of initiatives;
- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoH, suppliers, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinate and/or participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of initiatives;
- Routinely monitor, compile, synthesize and analyze data to ensure optimal targeting, implementation, and effectiveness of program interventions;
- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders efforts and across other CHAI programs in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the program;
- Conduct quantitative analyses to ensure sufficient supplies of commodities and equipment, appropriate coverage with interventions, and/or progress towards program goals;
- Conduct costing and financial analyses and support development of funding proposals;
- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders;
- Work with CHAI’s technical teams and Program Manager(s) to develop and implement a coordinated program of support;
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public Health, Business or a related field;
- Minimum of three years professional experience in a private or public sector setting and with increasing levels of responsibility and experience;
- Advanced problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills, including significant experience working in Excel (modeling) and PowerPoint, and presenting findings and recommendations (analytical skills and proficiency levels will be evaluated during recruiting process);
- Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrated ability to work independently on complex projects and solve challenging problems, in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with a strong commitment to excellence, both internally and externally, and with limited structural support;
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills;
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment;
- Willingness to travel in South Africa as needed.
- Experience working and/or living in the focal province;
- Knowledge of sexual, reproductive, maternal and newborn health, health systems strengthening, and/or global healthcare systems;
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively around long-term program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals;
- End to end project management experience;
- Management consulting or other relevant private and public sector experience;
- Ability to navigate complex governmental and organizational processes and favorably influence decision-making in a professional and collaborative manner;
- English language fluency, both written and verbal.
External Company URL: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org/