Clinton Health Access Initiative Jobs in South Africa : Senior Program Manager, Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn Health
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in South Africa
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI approaches some of the most pressing issues in global health with a business-oriented strategy to fundamentally change the underlying economics. CHAI’s solution-oriented approach focuses on improving market dynamics for medicines and diagnostics; lowering prices for diagnosis and treatment; accelerating access to lifesaving technologies; and helping governments build the capacity required for high-quality care and treatment programs. By addressing global market failures and accelerating access to the most effective, high-quality health products at affordable and sustainable prices, CHAI helps patients access the care and treatment they need.
Over the last few decades, South Africa’s Department of Health (DoH) has made significant progress in increasing access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Maternal and Neonatal Health (SRMNH) services in South Africa. However, gaps still exist. Maternal and child mortality continues to be a significant contributor to overall mortality rates and wide variations persist in quality and access to comprehensive, integrated healthcare services, especially for women and adolescents. To address these challenges, CHAI South Africa’s (CHAI SA) team is supporting the DoH at national and provincial levels to implement a broad range of activities, across demand generation, supply chain strengthening, service delivery expansion, quality improvement and strengthened program monitoring and evaluation, across both public and private sector channels, aimed at significantly increasing uptake of quality health services for women and adolescents. This is done through the provision of technical assistance to support the development and deployment of strategic and operational plans, resource optimization in the short and long term and galvanizing key stakeholder coordination.
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding technical and managerial capabilities to play a leadership role in the SRMNH program in South Africa. The Senior Program Manager will shape strategy, manage and provide technical input to a large and growing CHAI team across the areas of Sexual Repdutive Health, Maternal Neonatal Health. S/he will work with a range of partners and subject matter experts and report into CHAI South Africa’s leadership team. The Manager will be based in Pretoria, South Africa and report to CHAI South Africa’s leadership team.
- Supervise a team of CHAI staff working at the national and provincial level providing strategic direction, managerial and technical support as well as quality assurance for the portfolio;
- Work with CHAI staff and the government in program areas ranging from sexual reproductive health and maternal and neonatal health;
- Work with CHAI staff and the government in the scale-up of a health services including strategy and design, development and implementation of evidence-based strategic and operational plans;
- Manage senior level stakeholder relationships; coordinate and participate in technical working groups;
- Oversee the development and implementation of regular activity-based work plans and budgets for the program and monitor overall program progress to ensure that deliverables and milestones are met in a timely fashion;
- Assume responsibility for the program budget including liaising with CHAI global headquarters and donors, ensuring compliance with CHAI and donor rules and regulations, tracking expenditures, forecasting costs, and ensuring sound financial transactions;
- Prepare annual donor reports and other external program reports as needed;
- Oversee program data to allow for monitoring and evaluation of the program and reporting against program indicators;
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs and ensure coordination of resources and efforts towards national objectives;
- Provide regular reports on program and work progress to the Director of Programs and liaise with global teams within CHAI, as necessary;
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Advanced degree in a related field such as health economics, public health, financial management, business preferred; a clinical background is an added advantage but not required;
- 7-10 years of professional experience in demanding, results-oriented environments in the public sector and/or private sector (e.g., management consulting);
- Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrated ability to work independently on complex projects and solve challenging problems, in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment;
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively around long-term program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals;
- Experience designing, managing and implementing large teams and long-term projects;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills, including attention to detail and experience in modeling using Microsoft Excel;
- Strong communication skills, including delivery of compelling presentations and documents in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word;
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb and synthesize a broad range of information;
- Ability to navigate ambiguous and complex processes and be flexible;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to achieve consensus amongst stakeholders;
- Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal;
- Willingness to travel within South Africa as needed.
External Company URL: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org/