IHS Markit Jobs in South Africa : Transcriber
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: IHS Markit
- Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- State: Western Cape Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in South Africa
What youll work on:
This position offers not only the chance to work in a vibrant, multicultural and multilingual environment, but it is also a great opportunity to fast track your exposure and knowledge of the capital markets.
What we look for:
You will be part of a team that works with senior management, Investor Relations, and the Board of Directors of publicly traded companies. The purpose of our work is to provide actionable intelligence that helps companies better understand and effectively respond to the needs of its shareholders and sell-side analysts, as well as foster stronger relationships with the capital markets. Perception analytics also provides valuable insight into the key factors and concerns that drive investment decisions and sell-side ratings.
Perception reports contain both quantitative and qualitative analyses, and are delivered as Board-quality presentations with detailed results and key excerpts from telephone conversations with analysts and portfolio managers. Ipreo’s perception team presents study findings and provides consultative recommendations for the investor communication strategy.
This position is multi-faceted and requires written proficiency in English, verbal communications skills, research skills, and a basic knowledge of financial markets. Successful analysts on the Ipreo Perception Team are organized, detail-oriented, and self-starters.
You will be part of a dynamic team split across three different locations (New York, London, and Cape Town) and your primary responsibilities will include:
- Transcribing audio recordings of telephone interviews on finance and investment topics
- Proofreading interview transcriptions (independent of the audio tapes) and perception reports to ensure appropriate sentence structure, grammar, and business language
- Conducting thorough in-house research on companies business models, market prospects, strategy, competitive landscape, and financials
- Assist project leads across the project cycle by scheduling interviews (via email and phone) and managing call lists in order to meet client deadlines
- Consolidating data in Excel for quantitative analysis
- Education: Bachelors Degree, preferably with a concentration in finance, business, or economics. However all majors, or equivalent, will be considered
- Experience: No experience is required as this is an entry-level position. Training will be provided
- Basic understanding of finance terminology and the capital markets
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluent in typing
- High level of organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines as needed
- Must have both a team approach to working and an ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work legally in South Africa without visa sponsorship
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.