Jacobs Jobs in South Africa : Mechanical Engineer
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Jacobs
- Location: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
- State: Mpumalanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in South Africa
Utilising authoritative level of experience in Mechanical engineering to:
- Manage and / or execute mechanical engineering associated with the design, engineering, development, modification, handiver and commissioning of complex and / or specialised mechanical equipment and plant (typically Tier 2, 3 and 4 projects) in accordance with established engineering principles and standards to satisfy business requirements.
Experience in Mechanical engineering:
- broad base of SASOL-specific mechanical engineering knowledge and competence in particular relating to mechanical equipment (vessels, piping, rotating equipment etc) design/fabrication/testing to be installed in process plants
- Knowledge in defined fields of SASOL mechanical engineering (e.g. pressure vessel design, piping systems, rotating equipment, selection of equipment and materials for use in process plants, Pressure Equipment Regulations (PER) requirements, fabrication and construction of equipment, design of equipment, International Health and Safety Standards and Codes, etc.)
- Ability to formulate and execute (manage and do) the mechanical engineering scope for large multidiscplinary projects (i.e. Tier 2 and 3).
Aware of best practices and able to ensure/maintain compliance in own area:
- Utilise mechanical engineering systems of SASOL (e.g. Specs, STDDs, forms, etc.), tools and standards (own, local and international) in own work and projects.
- Create, develop and update of mechanical engineering systems, tools, specifications and standards.
- Evaluate current mechanical engineering systems, identify weaknesses and provide corrective action.
- Active practising of interpersonal skills required for productive working relationships and to work with, or through, others (Engineering Contractors, Construction Contractors etc) inside and/or outside (including suppliers/fabricators) the organisation to execute projects and/or supply of equipment. Critical to this role are influencing, negotiating, maturity and emotional intelligence.
- Operate successfully in a diverse (culture, roles, positions and levels, etc.) work environment
B.Eng Mechanical or higher qualification;
- Minimum of 6 – 7 years engineering experience in the Petrochemical/chemical industry covering areas such as pressure vessel design, piping design and rotating equipment;
- Demonstrated succesful Tier 3 project execution
- Broad-based mechanical engineering experience
- Experience in Fabrication and/or construction;
- Knowledge of Codes and Standards used in Petrochemical/Chemical industries (ASME, ASTM, API, BS, NACE, HTFS etc);
- Knowledge of the Pressurised Equipment Regulation (PER), SANS 347 and its implication (especially w.r.t pressure vessels and piping etc);
- Knowledge of material selection, welding , heat treatment, inspection and its integration into piping and pressure vessel design;
- Exposure to Mechanical engineering activities during Project execution (P&ID’s, HAZOP’s and model reviews)
- Construction and commisioning of projects.
- Experience in Life Cycle Costing principals.
- Demonstrate ability in engineering design.
- Professional registration
Primary Location South Africa-South Africa Countrywide-Secunda
Req ID: ECR0001HC