Marriott Jobs in South Africa : Public Area Attendant
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Marriott
- Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- State: Western Cape Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in South Africa
Posting Date Feb 8, 2018
Job Number 18000E4M
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location The Westin Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
The successful incumbent is required to maintain the up keep of all guest rooms and corridors and ensure that all public areas in the hotel are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Marriott International Policies and Procedures.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in Housekeeping in a 4 or 5 Star Hotel
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Customer / staff focused
- Team orientation
- Attention to detail
- Preference will be given to South African Citizens.
- Clean public and employee restrooms and showers.
- Clean glass in public and employee areas.
- Clean floor surfaces in public or employee space using designated chemicals, supplies, and equipment.
- Dust surfaces in assigned area.
- Empty the trash containers, ashtrays and urns into proper containers.
- Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips, and stains and report damages.
- Clean and maintain lights.
- Post caution signs to limit traffic when necessary.
- Contact other departments directly for urgent repairs.
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
- Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
- You can also be scheduled to work in the Soil Room, Linen Room and Housemen areas.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Be ability to push and pull work-related machinery over sloping and uneven surfaces.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.