Marriott Jobs in South Africa : IT Technician
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Marriott
- Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- State: Western Cape Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in South Africa
Job Number 18001VUF
Job Category Information Technology
Location AC Hotel Cape Town Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand AC Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At AC Hotels, we believe attention to detail is the greatest form of generosity we can offer. Whether it’s the artful pour of a drink or the elegant line of a chaise, AC Hotels believes that if we have time to make it, we have time to make it beautiful. Our guests recognize and appreciate the edited beauty of AC Hotels. They feel connected to us through a shared concern for details. They enjoy feeling a part of our small, discrete, global tribe. In fact, the feeling of being among like-minded people is a significant part of the AC appeal.
We’re looking for cultural innovators to join our team. If you are someone who has an inner creativity and love for art, design and culture, then we invite you to explore a career with AC Hotels.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful incumbent is required to contribute advanced knowledge and skill in technology and general hospitality business knowledge to support the property and technology Information Resources objectives. The position is responsible for all technology planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance, manage property systems and interfaces with vendors, owners, senior management and property staff.
Education and Experience
- 5 years in the IT field and 3 years’ experience at a senior technical level within a 4 star or 5 star hospitality environment
- Experienced in supporting hotel IT infrastructure preferred
- Pre-opening Hotel experience preferred
- Full Microsoft and Microsoft Server literacy
- Administrative skills on Opera PMS
- Must have working knowledge of NEC PABX for 1 st line support
- HP switches, VLANS, TCP/IP and Routing
- Thorough understanding of Wireless networking using Ruckus
- Simphony POS knowledge and administrative skills
- Previous experience in Marriott Systems Support desirable.
- System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Client Technology Needs are Met
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Monitors, ensures and manages the acquisition and maintenance of property based systems.
- Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems and proposes solutions.
- Maintains, inspects and repairs equipment.
- Inspects and ensures the maintenance of the equipment or the environment.
- Ensures that computer and network operations are monitored at the property, backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis and administration functions for hardware, operating and application systems are maintained and completed on consistent basis.
- Manages IR activities to ensure the property infrastructure and applications systems are functional at all times.
- Ensures solutions are consistent with the client’s needs and brand specific IR environment.
- Administers and maintains mail and email.
- Maintains inventories and manages IT hardware/software.
- Provides Internet support and maintenance (if applicable)
- Provides cable management support.
- Generates systems communications for property users to introduce new applications, provide user tips, alert users of system problems and inform staff of progress or status.
- Consults on specific application issues or hardware/software problems.
- Provides feedback to Lodging IR on application functional performance and system performance.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Monitors processes and evaluating information according to SOP and LSOP requirements.
- Enforces IR policies and standards protecting company hardware, software and other resources at the property.
- Directs maintenance of equipment and installed software applications inventory for property ensuring compliance with licensing regulations.
Maintaining Information Systems and Technology Goals
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Performs an assessment of needs, ensuring compliance with brand specific standards, budget and capital requirements.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any property projects on schedule and according to specification.
- Ensures problems are correctly reported, routed, tracked and solved, with the system user being informed of situation at all times.
- Ensures proper asset management.
- Performs on-site monitoring of all projects.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizes performance and produces desired business results.
Demonstrating and Applying IR Knowledge
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to your job.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Provides technical expertise and support.
Leading IR Team
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Provides a technical perspective to information needs along with cost/benefits understanding in an influencing role.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Coordinates property efforts, prioritizes needs and communicates those needs to IR Shared Services and other systems staff.
- Manages vendors for property IT requirements functioning as escalation point for problem resolution.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.