Pearson Jobs in South Africa : Communication Science Lecturer
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Pearson
- Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in South Africa
Communication Science Lecturer
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
- Facilitation of learning, lecturing, tutoring, assessments and research
- Setting and marking of assessments (including exam papers).
- Preparation of notes and additional study materials and Quality assurance of learning material.
- General academic administration.
- Marking of tests, exams, and assignments and general class preparation.
- Assistance with the preparation, co-ordination and attendance at functions, events, registration, and activities (open / career days / project days).
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Contribute and implement innovative teaching and learning strategies, including technology enhanced learning methodologies.
- Participate in research activities and activities and projects to keep abreast of newest
- Relevant lecturing teaching or tutoring experience within the realm of Communication science
- Experience in a higher education environment is an advantage.
- Knowledge of higher education practices and processes.
- Relevant research experience
The successful candidate will be a staff member in the Faculty of Humanities. The person will be responsible for teaching modules such as:
- Communication Science 1
- Communication Science 2
- Communication Science 3
Pearson is committed to the principles of employment equity and in accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan; preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and subsequent amendments thereto.
- Masters in English Studies
Primary Location: ZA-ZA-Johannesburg
Work Locations: ZA-Bedfordview-9 Concord 9 Johannesburg 2008
Job: Learning Delivery
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2018
Job Unposting: Dec 13, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1815759
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.