Pearson Jobs in South Africa : Graphic Design Lecturer
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Pearson
- Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in South Africa
Graphic Design Lecturer
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The incumbent will be responsible for Facilitating learning, lecturing, tutoring, assessments and research within the realm of Drawing principles. Specific modules which will be covered are Graphic Design fundamentals, Typography and graphic design introductory modules.
- Facilitation of learning, lecturing, tutoring, assessments and research
- Preparation of notes and additional study materials.
- Quality assurance of learning material.
- General academic administration.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Contribute and implement innovative teaching and learning strategies, including technology enhanced learning methodologies.
- Participate in research activities and activities and projects to keep abreast of newest developments in trends in subject fields.
- Working knowledge and skill on Microsoft Office and google suite
- Working knowledge and experience of Graphic Design principles, techniques and methodologies
- Administrative skills and experience
- Organizing, Planning as well as Problem solving skills
- The incumbent must pay significant attention to detail and adhere to Deadlines
- Analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills and communication skills
- The candidate must display Patience, approachability, assertion and composure at all times
- The candidate must place the student(s) at the centre of everything they do (customer-centric approach)
- Presentation skills will be an advantage
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Excellent communication skills – assertive and approachable to students
- Professional knowledge in their area of expertise
- Quality Orientation including attention to detail and deadline awareness
- Innovative: ability to solve problems alone and within the team
The successful candidate will be a staff member in the Faculty of Humanities. The person will be responsible for teaching modules such as:
Motion Graphics 2 & Motion Graphics 3. These modules will be taught to learners from second to third year level studies.
Pearson is committed to the principles of employment equity and in accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan; preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and subsequent amendments thereto.
- A Masters Degree in Fine Art or Graphic Design equivalent is a minimum requirement for this position.
Primary Location: ZA-ZA-Johannesburg
Work Locations: ZA-Bedfordview-9 Concord 9 Johannesburg 2008
Job: Learning Delivery
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2018
Job Unposting: Dec 13, 2018
Schedule: Part-time Temporary
Req ID: 1815850
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.