Pearson Jobs in South Africa : Law Lecturer
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Pearson
- Location: East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
- State: Eastern Cape Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in South Africa
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The purpose of this position is to cover the fundamental principles of the law of negotiable instruments, intellectual property, Leadership & Management of NPOs and NGOs, Family Law, Individual Labour Law, Law of Sale and Lease, Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility and Human Resource Management 3.
- Lecturing and 1-on-1 student support of various modules across the PIHE programmes run at the East London campus
- Marking of legal module assessments
- Preparation of notes and additional study materials
- Preparation of lessons
- To assist in the administration of Campus affairs and activities as required by the Academic Coordinator
- To work with Group Head Office staff on developing new course materials and assessments
- Assistance with the preparation, co-ordination and attendance at functions, events and activities (open / career days).
- Working knowledge and skill on Microsoft Office and google suite
- Working knowledge and experience of the Law environment
- Administrative skills and experience
- Organizing, Planning as well as Problem solving skills
- The incumbent must pay significant attention to detail and adhere to Deadlines
- Analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills and communication skills
- The candidate must display Patience, approachability, assertion and composure at all times
- The candidate must place the student(s) at the centre of everything they do (customer-centric approach)
- Presentation skills will be an advantage
- Experience in student management systems
- Related administrative experience
- Subject Specialisation
- Relevant lecturing teaching or tutoring experience.
- Experience in a higher education environment is an advantage.
- Knowledge of higher education practices and processes.
- Relevant research experience.
- Undergraduate LLB and qualified attorney OR
- Postgraduate LLB OR
- Undergraduate LLB and LLM
Pearson is committed to the principles of employment equity and in accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and subsequent amendments thereto.
Primary Location: ZA-ZA-East London
Work Locations: ZA-East London-12 Stewart 12 East London 5241
Job: Learning Delivery
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2018
Job Unposting: Dec 9, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1815953
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.