Pfizer Jobs in South Africa : IMB Medical Manager
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Pfizer
- Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in South Africa
- The Company shall employ applicant as a Medical Manager or in such other capacity of a like status as the Company may require from time to time guided by need, without changing the general character of the job or the level of responsibility it entails.
- The Medical Manager drives medical leadership, implements medical strategy and conducts required tasks for the assigned products portfolio internally and externally, and will need to be flexible to support varying portfolios within the company; guided by demand at various points in time.
- The Medical Manager is responsible for supporting the clinical development program and other medical/marketing programs for the products assigned, whilst also providing medical support to marketing, sales, medical information, regulatory and external customers, etc.) to ensure Pfizer activities are backed by substantiated scientific evidence.
- The Medical Manager is required to spend at least 40% of the time in field, developing relations, and working with healthcare professionals (Key Opinion Leaders, Heads of Departments, Customers) and patient groups; medical and scientific societies, associations and institutions including universities across South Africa, to enhance treatment outcomes for patients.
- He/She is also responsible to gather and communicate customer insights based on medical to medical interactions and provides appropriate medical and research updates to external customers as well as internal stakeholders in the local markets.
- He/She offers medical support to neighbouring countries supported by South Africa, where required.
- Co-ordinate and utilize specialist knowledge with colleagues in formulating and implementing medical strategy for assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Drive & develop medical programs & initiatives aligned with company business objectives and compliant with local laws and regulations and Pfizer standard operating procedures and policies.
- Provide proactive input in the strategic medical management and marketing.
- Develop and organize medical activities in coordination with Pfizer South Africa and regional teams.
- Prepare and compile medical resources/products’ scientific data/clinical articles/publications /studies/slide-kits and presentations.
- Identify customers’ medical needs related to disease area and exchange inputs internally and externally.
- Develop effective relationships with healthcare professionals and external organizations.
- Communicate the value of Pfizer medicines through high-quality, accurate, balanced, directed and scientifically supported information to key customers and stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate Advisory Boards for respective therapeutic areas.
- Contribute to the design and approval of promotional materials and activities.
- Ensure compliance to SOPs and local laws and regulations in all reviewed promotional activities and materials. Contribute scientific and medical technical skills in support of broader strategies and compliance.
- Provide necessary medical support for clinical research, medical information and regulatory departments including the review and approval of country label documents.
- Answer medical or technical questions concerning protocols and products.
- Provide medical training and education to internal staff including field representatives.
- Medical Manager is responsible for reviewing and approving Pfizer meetings, materials and grants based on merits and scientific content, guided by Pfizer SOPs and work instructions.
- Oversee IIR projects and local publications aligned to relevant TAs.
Level of Responsibilities:
- Internal (Regulatory, Marketing, Sales, Health and Value, Clinical Research, Medical Information, Legal )
- External (HCPs, Speakers, Medical Societies/Associations, Institutions)
Job Specific Technical/Functional/Professional Competencies:
- Medical doctor (MBChB or MD) registered locally with Health Professions Council of South Africa is a minimum requirement. Additional qualifications are welcome.
- At least 2 years of experience in Medical Affairs in pharmaceutical industry, as Medical Advisor/Manager, Product Physician or Medical Science Liaison.
- Knowledge of Vaccines and Infectious Diseases therapeutic areas is a plus.
- Knowledge of local healthcare environment and pharma industry, its marketing code, relevant industry guidelines, policies and regulations.
- Understanding of medical compliance and quality requirements.
- Experience with regulatory, clinical research and pharmacovigilance.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Keep up to date with market trends and new developments in assigned therapeutic areas.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and external customers.
- Work as part of a team to reach common goals.
- Ability to form a balanced opinion taking into account a wide range of information.
- Deliver creative ideas for change and continuous improvement.
No budget responsibility
Number of reports
No direct reports
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.