Philips Lighting Jobs in South Africa : Public & Government Affairs Director
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Philips Lighting
- Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in South Africa
Philips Lighting (Euronext Amsterdam ticker: LIGHT) is a global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. In 2015, we had sales of EUR 7.4 billion and currently we have approximately 36,000 employees in over 70 countries.
Philips Lighting is the world’s leading lighting company. Our lighting business is at the cutting edge of Internet of Things technology, improving people’s lives. We are the global leader in LED, providing connected lighting systems for smart cities, smart buildings and smart homes as well as a host of other applications.
As the Public & Government Affairs Director, your challenge will be to generate B2G and B2B sales opportunities by identifying prospective customers in both the public and private sector through targeted stakeholder and key account management of relevant city associations and private sector companies. You will have the opportunity to secure enabling policies for our existing operations and targeted growth initiatives by shaping legislative and regulatory frameworks. It’s in your scope to shape thought leadership themes, leading to a positive reputation as the global leader in sustainable lighting products, systems and services.
Are you the public & government affairs specialist and game changer we are looking for? We would be pleased to connect with you!
As the Public & Government Affairs Director, your responsibilities are:
- Key Account Management – public, corporate and retrofit tenders
- Identify, develop and maintain partnerships or close relationships with relevant stakeholders;
- Generate pre-sales contacts through stakeholder engagement and platforms and related follow-up;
- Ensure proper handover of sales process with prospective customers in public and private sector to (inter-)national sales/KAM teams and cooperation with the BGs.
- Public Affairs Activities
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with governments on all levels;
- Shaping Energy Efficiency/ Circular Economy/ Green Building/ Smart City regulations and act as sounding board for legislative processes, incl. sharing research and analysis;
- Participate in industry platforms to support the PL agenda;
- Track legislative developments to secure the interest of our business (conventional and LED) interest.
- Reputation Management
- Develop proactive thought leadership activities, i.e. presentations, publications etc. with an emphasis on future lighting mega trends;
- Contribute to “Brighter Lives, Better World” CSR strategy.
Furthermore, In This Role You Will Focus On
- Formulate as the competence owner, the future strategic directions on your domain.
- Determine the relevance of this domain for Philips Lighting, assessing the value of new developments and identifying new opportunities for Philips.
- Oversee the global developments in your domain that are relevant for the business, and determine the implications for your domain.
- Keep abreast of market, competition, technical, application and societal developments in your domain, showing understanding of the Philips Lighting position and business interests.
- Build a worldwide external network and make this knowledge applicable for the business, now and in the future.
- Represent Philips Lighting externally on related issues, and spearheads international platforms.
- Are being consulted as a senior specialist and will be asked for projects to investigate feasibility of new businesses, applications concepts and models.
This position reports into the Market Leader of Africa.
We are looking for
The Successful Candidate Will Bring/has The Ability To
- a Master’s degree with > 10 years of related experience.
- build and interact with stakeholder networks (governments, NGO’s, trade partners, peer companies) to understand their lighting needs and constraints and develop partnerships.
- Is a ‘trusted advisor’ to colleagues on all P&GA topics.
- build and maintain one-to-one relationships across the business as well as externally. Work effectively in cross-functional and multi-stakeholder teams.
- identify external trends, opportunities and risks which could impact our business and reputation and flags them to senior management.
- develop an engagement business case.
- adapt communication style to stakeholders’ needs and their preferred ways of working to ensure collaboration and positive results. Ensure consistency in messaging across all stakeholder groups.
- directly influences the position of the industry, or position/policies of a government.
- experience with corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- experience managing budgets and schedules to assure they meet corporate requirements.
- strong stakeholder skills and experience working with executives and/or major customers.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Is confident to challenge where necessary.
- Call to Action
Apply today via our Philips Lighting careers website. We urge you to apply as soon as possible.
Visit our careers website ( http://www.philips.com/careers/lighting) to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community ( https://lighting.avature.net/talent) .