Room to Read Jobs in South Africa : Literacy Coach
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Room to Read
- Location: Makhado, Limpopo, South Africa
- State: Limpopo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in South Africa
Roles & ResponsibilitiesProgram Implementation, Training, and Monitoring
- Coordinates closely with the Literacy Program Field Officer (Technical) and the Instructional Design and Teacher Support Unit to ensure s/he is successfully implementing the program design and able to provide feedback on how well it is working.
- Regularly observes and coaches Grade 1 and 2 teachers in delivering the instructional component of the Literacy Program. Models good classroom instruction techniques and provides feedback to teachers about their performance.
- Regularly observes and coaches primary grade teachers and librarians in the implementation of the library period and reading activities. Models good reading activity techniques and provides feedback to teachers and librarians about their performance.
- Supports Grade 1 and 2 teachers in effective use of ongoing student tracking assessments to inform instruction.
- Assists in coordinating logistics for training workshops
- Conduct and facilitate training workshops for teachers, librarians and principals on activities promoting literacy and library development.
- Conducts and analyzes data related to formative student assessments to inform support for Grade 1 and 2 teachers.
- Regularly provides an update to the principal and SMT on progress and coaches him/her on ways to support teachers and ensure longer term sustainability of literacy outcomes within the school.
- Participates in literacy events, parent meeting and other community activities.
- Participates in regular review meetings and any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
- Supports school librarian in the initial set up of the library, including book leveling and classification system, check-out system, setting up furniture, and creating a library period time-table.
- Participates in donor site visits and provides information to donors about Room to Read’s Literacy program as needed.
- Participates in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
Planning, Reporting and Documentation
- Conducts ongoing planning, documentation, and reporting of school visits.
- Documents best practices and lessons learned and shares with the Literacy Program Field Officer.
- University degree in Education, Social Sciences or Development, or other related field
- 0-2 years of related work experience
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), internet and related applications
- High level of proficiency in Sepedi and English (both written and oral)
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to monitor progress of program implementation
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Desire and ability to spend 90% of time traveling and visiting school sites to provide coaching and monitor progress of program implementation
- Ability to drive a car with legal driver’s license.
South Africa – LimpopoTo be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.