Siemens PLC Jobs in South Africa : Oil & Gas Manager
Welcome to Jobwebhub.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in South Africa. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Siemens PLC
- Location: Germiston, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in South Africa
What is the purpose of the function?
Implement strategic business guidelines, agree on and ensure implementation of Regional Strategy for the Business Unit in the country assigned.
What is the role and responsibilities?
- Establish a core O&G African team (BU and RC) to develop the Siemens O&G business in Africa.
- Identify and prioritize early projects in FEED/Development and coordinate pursuit of key projects country by country.
- Establish with relevant BUs and African countries the strategy for must-win projects and coordinate the acquisition across the BUs with the relevant RC (CTL establishment).
- Establish the necessary service offering for rotating and EICT, pre-requisite for an O&G Africa success.
- Ensure a coordinated cross Divisional Communication for Siemens O&G in Africa
- In conjunction with Headquarters, local service Sales Engineers, and Account Managers: analyze Customer Install Base and After Market requirements / demands and make proposals for the improvements to and expansion of After Sales Service Business in order to increase market share and sales targets.
- Submit strategy development recommendations thorough analysis of customers activity, product offering, market requirements and performance.
- Align O&G plan to organisational and unit strategies.
- Address the O&G risks that could prevent PS from achieving the strategic objectives in Africa.
- Review O&G plan quarterly.
- Customer Relationship Management support as per organisational requirements.
- Management of Install Base and strategic stock as per customer requirements.
- Management of maintenance contracts as per customer and business requirements.
- Manage Business Unit workplace conditions comply to labour legislation (leave etc).
- Timely communication to staff and management.
- Ensure that work processes are aligned to company policy.
- Compliance to LOA processes.
- Asset management as per organisational standards.
- Ensure final forecast figures and reporting on a monthly basis.
- Report deadlines are met and are complete and accurate.
What do I need to qualify?
Qualiication and Experience:
Relevant completed Tertiary Degree or Diploma is Essential
Business Management experience in an after-sales service environment (3-5 years)
Project Management, Manufacturing, Production & Heavy Engineering (3-5 years)
Business Management and Leadership Skills (3-5 years)
Experience in Cultural Diversity and Knowledge of Demographics of the African Continent
- Financial Acumen – Demonstrate an understanding of how to prepare a budget, monitor and control expenditure to achieve goals linked to team outputs; identify issues impacting revenue and return on investment.
- Strategic Development and Communication – Develop strategies that clearly support the Organisation’s vision. Monitors progress on action plans. Develops contingency plans to avert potential problems
- Leadership Skills – Provide organisational leadership in area of expertise in order to ensure the attainment of key strategic goals. Facilitate team goals setting and problem solving. Facilitate the development of individual development plans for team members.
- Business Processes, Policies and Procedures – Ability to interpret policies and procedures in order to provide quality output to the organization. Educate others on relevant processes and ensures that SOP’s that address changing needs of the department are maintained and communicated to staff. Understand the value chain and how to improve the process of the total value chain.
- Communication Skills – Ensure information flows where needed and presents information in an accomplished manner. Keeps relevant people informed of both positive and potentially negative information. Explain ideas and points of view in a clear, concise manner, clarifies the major points and looks for alternative explanations to ensure that message is understood. Produce more complex business documents, selecting language according to target recipients.
- Product Knowledge – Communicate changes in product and services. Offer accurate product information to the customers and consumers, increases awareness of product range and encourages purchase of product. Demonstrate the value and potential impact of the product/ service to the client’s business
- Customer Understanding – Keep knowledge intelligence base up to date with relevant client information and contributes towards knowledge management system. Relates the company’s products and services to client needs; promotes a sense of trust and confidence in the customer. Provide solutions that meet the diverse needs of clients. Flexible to meet clients needs to retain the business within business constraints (don’t over promise and under deliver). Analyses client behaviour, feedback and trends to improve the offering. Co-ordinate his/her functional work with the current marketing plans and efforts. Serve as a resource for, and advocate for the use of market/client knowledge in his/her unit and inter-departmentally
Requisition ID: 294861
Organization: Power Generation Services
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only